All 1,474 movie Reviews

Attack of the Killer Dogs Attack of the Killer Dogs

-Good-
The ending was for sure my favourite part of the entire movie. That was simply funny with the two dogs walking away to nice peaceful music with a severed arm shared between the two. It's a nice flash about your dogs and the ending sequence really showed you must have great potential as a flash artist, the scenario was actually very well done for the time being and it has a great use in colour.

-Improve-
The grammar in the dialogue boxes were very bad, the dog growling noise was overly loud and muffled an there should have been voice acting, it would have worked way better here. The length could have been longer and the storyline was simply boring. So, this dog escapes, frees another dog and together they attack some guy and return home. If it weren't for such a delightful ending this would be completely worthless. Right from the title I knew this flash wasn't rated appropriately, and so much more effort could have went into the dog and human characters animations.

-Overall-
A great conclusion to a very tasteless flash. Very pointless and not even very funny until the dogs walk off with that guys arm. Really needs some work done to it but it sure has some good potential.

TapeWorm! TapeWorm!

-Good-
The voice acting was much better than almost any flash from this early on in the portals history. Their was definitely some good humour into this, I like how it started out in the style of a commercial in which a tape worm is supposed to get rid of all your fat for you. The plot was quite good and the animation was well enough to be an enjoyable little flash. It's also funny and a little bit true because people certainly do go to messed up extremes just to try and get rid of their weight. Some nice work here!

-Improve-
Aside from a very good and funny beginning the flash was kind of boring I must say. Having some random "cliffhanger" at the end wasn't a very good idea, I mean it went from trying to be this funny weight loss commercial to being some continued action series about a mutated tape worm. I'm not sure if the person in the blue shirts voice was supposed to be really bad at first because it was clear for a couple lines. The length could be extended with better jokes and a much better conclusion.

-Overall-
A funny, well animated movie I must say with some great audio. It's unfortunate the ending was boring, sloppy and basically just seemed lazily done so you could come up with some sort of bad conclusion. Some great work went into this though!

Fatman Jones Fatman Jones

-Good-
The drawings were very good and the music was even better in my opinion. It was really catchy and the audio that played after you shot him was very clear and easy to hear. There was some pretty good humour in it, like the apparent "morale of the story" at the end, also the fact that if you choose fast food he just dies and it says "yeah that's what fast food does to you" that was true and kind of funny.

-Improve-
The point of this flash is very worthless as even if you choose gym it will show him slim and fit but then you have to shoot him in the head at the end. The length was bad since both options really only took a second to go to the ending screen which just showed dialogue about what happened. Maybe you could have showed a brief scene in which he was actually eating at a fast food restaurant or actually working out in the gym. That alone would have brought a little bit more amusement to the table. Overall a very lame video that's not very funny, interesting or even enjoyable to sit and watch.

-Overall-
Not a bad video, it has a message to those that eat and fast foods, great animation and music but overall this was worthless and relied on a random shooting at the end for all it's humour.

-Ty

Yankeeville #2 - China... Yankeeville #2 - China...

-Good-
The voice acting was well done, I'm sure it was taken from somewhere but the audio still fit in nicely. The sound effects for both the shot gun and the axe were well done. The quality of animation was very well done especially on the character designs. Quite funny for such an old random killing flash. I thought it was pretty funny with "Billy Bob" at the end coming in and wondering if he could just buy some donuts. A decent follow up movie to the previous Yankeeville movie you left us with, even thought that was #4....

-Improve-
There needs to be way more than just 2 quick options in order to make this a worthwhile flash. This was not even close to being as good as the last one about the Vietnam veteran. The humour was kind of bland since if you click axe it doesn't even have Billy Bob come in at the end looking for donuts. This could use a lot more ideas than just plain all out shotgun massacre and slice someone with an axe to the head. More effort and more creativity would have made this a better follow up to the previous Yankeeville.

-Overall-
Quite a funny flash actually, the only problems are that only having two options and relying on most of the humour to come from random violence kind of turn people away and make the flash seem boring.

Oh canada Oh canada

-Good-
Yes, people still can write reviews for this, that would be why the feature is still there. Anyway, as a Canadian I found this to be kind of enjoyable with some small amounts of humour I found amusing and the plot wasn't to bad either.

-Improve-
There was no sound at all which kind of bugged me since the grammar in the text boxes was just horrible. The quality of animation was mostly terrible especially with all the stick people and pure white backgrounds. The length could have been a bit longer, but I realised it needed a lot more ideas to fill in more time. While the plot is amusing it gets very boring with this bland silent action, the flash is also extremely predictable after about 20 seconds in. They say their going to blow up American cows and Disney land, so what happens next? Just that. A lot more creativity could have went into this and even just some badass music as Canada is bombing cows would have been a funny feature to add in. Anyway, a lot more effort could have went into this to make it more interesting.

-Overall-
Honestly I found this quite amusing and I find I'm giving it to low a rating, but everything needed loads and improvement as it was quite bland, not something I'd be wanting to watch again.

The Columbine Kid The Columbine Kid

-Good-
A nicely laid out plot plan actually. Starting off with a scene of one of the Columbine shooters firing into a crowd then flash back to them getting picked on, a true storyline to this flash that's actually well thought of.

-Improve-
I don't get the concept of throwing in the made up fact that this kid was a neo nazi, more importantly that there was only one Columbine shooter. Anyway, the quality was purely awful especially him firing into the crowd, I'm not even sure what kind of animation you were trying to get at there! The length is awful since it barely lasts 20 seconds and the sounds are bad, with just the bully kicking him around and the terribly done police sirens/gun shots. The music quality was very poor and could have fit into the flash so much better, like perhaps end with some touching music or have some angry, vengeful music after the bully has been kicking him around. Could have used a lot more ideas to make this longer, more enjoyable and basically just worth watching.

-Overall-
While almost everything about this is bad, it does have real potential since I see what kind of message you were showing. If it weren't done so poorly this could be a very notable, heartfelt flash made barely a year after the shooting.

UFO Abduction UFO Abduction

-Good-
The quality isn't all that bad since the spaceship is decently drawn and this flash actually has a very nice set of colours in it. There's also a bit of humour that some may find amusing or even just a little bit funny. Not a bad flash in terms of effort, clearly it could have used a lot more but it is a little amusing.

-Improvement-
The timing of the video is terrible, it's only a few seconds long and there is absolutely no sound to amuse the viewer at all. Not even some muffle music or spaceship sound effects, which is very basic audio to insert even in a simple little flash like this. There's almost no plot, an the one there is is so boring and tasteless there is almost no point to it at all. There could have been voices, or even just a random laugh track would have made me get a little bit more enjoyment out of it. While I mildly enjoyed the sheep and spaceships artwork, features like the background hill or sky really could have used a lot more work than the poor sketch it had. A lot more creativity needs to be added.

-Overall-
Not the worst flash, even a little amusing for such an old flash. But a lot more creativity, sound, storyline work, animation and length needs to be added to make it even worth watching for the 4 seconds it took to finish it.

No Way Sis No Way Sis

-Good-
The drawings had a little bit of effort put into them at least, the character designs weren't the worse I've seen and the song quality itself fit in quite nicely, it was quite easy to hear. A fun little song, I suppose and the timing of the video was perfect I guess, after all it was just a fun little song parody. It had a little bit of humour in it that could be funny for anyone who knows of or enjoys this song.

-Improve-
First off, I immediately noticed this project wasn't taken seriously or didn't have enough effort put into it mainly because the rating itself wasn't even done correctly. This should not be rated E. There's no plot or any enjoyment in this flash at all, even with good audio quality the song isn't catchy or amusing in any way. The quality is quite poor and needs a lot more colours and artwork while less pasted images. Very boring, this has no replay appeal whatsoever due to the fact that it's a very boring parody of a song that isn't a very fun one to parody in the first place. Needs a lot more improvement.

-Overall-
Some decent things about it, a fun little song with decent audio quality but overall this is very boring. I would rather do so much more than watch awfully pixelated photos float around during a very bland parody.

-Ty

Hillary gets it Hillary gets it

-Good-
Enemies or haters of Hilary Clinton will definitely smile or possibly even get a little chuckle out of it, so there is some humorous value to it. I found it not the worst flash in the world just because I find her annoying.

-Improve-
The photo itself which was the only sense of quality or animation, was distorted and awfully inserted. The humour is very childish and not very funny, the length of the video of mere seconds of just perverted actions to Hilary Clinton's open mouth. Even the perverted actions are very poorly animated which is about the only thing you needed to put effort into, but unfortunately even that was lacking. As weird as this may sound, you could have at least put in some Hilary clinton speech getting cut off by what happens or added some funny music just to completely improve the level at which your mocking her. Not only is this an awful flash to begin with, fans or followers of Hilary Clinton will completely hate this. This needed lots more effort and work put into it.

-Overall-
Not the worst flash in the world because of it's mockery of Hilary Clinton, but so much more could have been done and in general this was completely pointless and should have been blammed.

Idiots Anonymous - ep. 2 Idiots Anonymous - ep. 2

-Good-
A great follow up episode to the original pilot of the series, this is where I think the characters started to develop personalities and really make it's mark here in Newgrounds. The plot was quite creative and the animation was actually very nicely done and this episode was a very worthy successor to the first episode. The voice acting was quite good for the most part, it was clear and easy to hear. The humour was quite funny and I got a couple of good laughs out of this episode, this is a huge milestone on Newgrounds and such a great flash especially being released in the early months of the year 2000. The length of the video was good too, much longer than I expected.

-Improve-
The humour could be a little off-putting since it relied more on grossing the viewer out rather than on making them laugh from witty humour. The story line also isn't as interesting as some of the other episodes of Idiots Anonymous that I've seen so in comparison it can be quite the bore.

-Overall-
This was quite the amusing flash with some nice artwork and length to it, it just could use some better humour seeing as it wasn't all that funny, but a lot of great features about it and a worthy successor to the wonderful pilot!