Support NATA 2014

All 1,860 flash Reviews

Jumping Box Reincarnation Jumping Box Reincarnation

Rated 3 / 5 stars July 14, 2013

-Good-
This game is a very easy one to just jump right into and be able to know what your doing and be able to have lots of fun with it. The controls are simple mouse clicking ones and the music in the background really had me pumped to play, don't know why haha! The length of the game is great since it's 42 levels long it will offer the player lot to do in quite a long amount of time. The graphics were well done and the sound effects went along great with the music. Certain elements like the other boxes that you have to avoid were nice little touches to the game. A splendid job well done!

-Improve-
Unfortunately there's not really anything special about the game and after about 10 levels I found it really boring and repetitive. Perhaps this sort of game just isn't suited to my tastes but I felt it needed something more, like maybe little turbo boosts the box can get midair or perhaps need to slingshot into a key to get through a certain door or something I don't know. Just something needed to be added to make it feel a little less bland.

-Overall-
A great fun game for a little while! After longer periods of time the game is really boring, repetitive and just very lacking in terms of real entertainment. But it's still a fun game nonetheless, great work here man!

EugeneK responds:

Thanks for the detailed feedback! I will take note of your suggestions and try to implement them in the sequel to the game.

Eat or Be Eaten Eat or Be Eaten

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars July 14, 2013

-Good-
Really nice, fun and simple to play which you simply move the mouse around, I like these kind of games and the sound effects were very well done. The layout of the main map where you select the levels and such was a really nice feature, something I don't often expect to see in these types of games. It's a very fun, challenging game, the difficulty is just right for attracting players to it. The length of the game is well beyond what I expected which is great meaning it's not too short to be enjoyable enough.

-Improve-
This game idea has been done so many countless times and I'm sorry to say there's not much about this version that sets it apart from the rest of them. There should be power ups or some sort of stuff to grab other than fish so the game will have something unique about itself. An although I said I liked the controls, I would have preferred simply using the keyboard as the mouse wasn't the greatest alternative. So not enough creativity or new ideas that makes this game it's own masterpiece or anything.

-Overall-
A fun little fish eat fish mouse game, but sadly it's just not new or surprisingly fun. After a few minutes players are most likely to get bored of the game. But still, for what it is it's extremely well done and I congratulate you on your nice effort sir!

US Patroler US Patroler

Rated 2 / 5 stars July 14, 2013

-Good-
Actually this is somewhat a worthwhile old flash shooter, there is some entertainment value because it had some great ideas and lots of little segments like a boss fight, a sniper battle and simple parts where men would just outright charge at you. The music was very cool and upbeat which made the killing even more fun, the screams of the soldiers were good and added to the overall feel of the game.

-Improve-
There was so many things that could have been improved to make this so much better, the graphics were very bland especially since the backgrounds were mostly plain white and the soldier designs were very sloppy I must say. Being invincible in a game always makes it extremely boring, there could have been a health bar or something. Even when I didn't shoot anybody throughout the whole game it would tell me to start advancing to the next area. The game is too plain and boring, this might as well be a movie seeing as even with no interaction you can advance to the end of the game.

-Overall-
Not a bad game, it had some real great ideas for such an old shooter but unfortunately so many of the game mechanics were broken and since this required no player interaction at all it was an extremely bland game.

Attack of the Killer Dogs Attack of the Killer Dogs

Rated 2 / 5 stars June 26, 2013

-Good-
The ending was for sure my favourite part of the entire movie. That was simply funny with the two dogs walking away to nice peaceful music with a severed arm shared between the two. It's a nice flash about your dogs and the ending sequence really showed you must have great potential as a flash artist, the scenario was actually very well done for the time being and it has a great use in colour.

-Improve-
The grammar in the dialogue boxes were very bad, the dog growling noise was overly loud and muffled an there should have been voice acting, it would have worked way better here. The length could have been longer and the storyline was simply boring. So, this dog escapes, frees another dog and together they attack some guy and return home. If it weren't for such a delightful ending this would be completely worthless. Right from the title I knew this flash wasn't rated appropriately, and so much more effort could have went into the dog and human characters animations.

-Overall-
A great conclusion to a very tasteless flash. Very pointless and not even very funny until the dogs walk off with that guys arm. Really needs some work done to it but it sure has some good potential.

Pacman! Pacman!

Rated 1.5 / 5 stars June 26, 2013

-Good-
The graphics were very well done and the actual game was placed in nicely in flash format. It's original at least with a take on Pac-man that I don't think I've ever seen before so it was nice to see something new and fresh. The game lasted a little while so it was nice to be able to play for a few minutes.

-Improve-
The first thing that bothered me before I even began playing was the fact that there wasn't even any of the original arcade music, let alone any sound effects except some horn noise. The point 'n click idea is quite a bad one since it's very frustrating to click on the ghosts which are constantly zig zagging all over the place. The difficulty is much to easy since you simply get up to 5000 (which is the max) and then your done. There could at least be more levels or maybe actually have the title character in the actual game. Playing a game called Pac-Man without once even seeing him is quite disappointing. It took me awhile to figure out this was some sort of point 'n click so you could have placed a target cursor or something in, or instructions.

-Overall-
It's not extremely bad, but without having Pac-Man or his classic music it's a huge disappointment. An if you are going to make it a point 'n click then there is so much more you'll be needing to do.

TapeWorm! TapeWorm!

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars June 26, 2013

-Good-
The voice acting was much better than almost any flash from this early on in the portals history. Their was definitely some good humour into this, I like how it started out in the style of a commercial in which a tape worm is supposed to get rid of all your fat for you. The plot was quite good and the animation was well enough to be an enjoyable little flash. It's also funny and a little bit true because people certainly do go to messed up extremes just to try and get rid of their weight. Some nice work here!

-Improve-
Aside from a very good and funny beginning the flash was kind of boring I must say. Having some random "cliffhanger" at the end wasn't a very good idea, I mean it went from trying to be this funny weight loss commercial to being some continued action series about a mutated tape worm. I'm not sure if the person in the blue shirts voice was supposed to be really bad at first because it was clear for a couple lines. The length could be extended with better jokes and a much better conclusion.

-Overall-
A funny, well animated movie I must say with some great audio. It's unfortunate the ending was boring, sloppy and basically just seemed lazily done so you could come up with some sort of bad conclusion. Some great work went into this though!

Fatman Jones Fatman Jones

Rated 2 / 5 stars June 26, 2013

-Good-
The drawings were very good and the music was even better in my opinion. It was really catchy and the audio that played after you shot him was very clear and easy to hear. There was some pretty good humour in it, like the apparent "morale of the story" at the end, also the fact that if you choose fast food he just dies and it says "yeah that's what fast food does to you" that was true and kind of funny.

-Improve-
The point of this flash is very worthless as even if you choose gym it will show him slim and fit but then you have to shoot him in the head at the end. The length was bad since both options really only took a second to go to the ending screen which just showed dialogue about what happened. Maybe you could have showed a brief scene in which he was actually eating at a fast food restaurant or actually working out in the gym. That alone would have brought a little bit more amusement to the table. Overall a very lame video that's not very funny, interesting or even enjoyable to sit and watch.

-Overall-
Not a bad video, it has a message to those that eat and fast foods, great animation and music but overall this was worthless and relied on a random shooting at the end for all it's humour.

Mr.  T  v.s.  Pokeymon Mr. T v.s. Pokeymon

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars June 26, 2013

-Good-
Another one of those old classic Pokemon spoofs, this time in the form of a Mr. T killing game. The humour was kind of good since it had a lot of dialogue of Mr. T calling out these Pokemon and Ash. Ash's voice although hard to hear, was very funny and I liked the way it was done. The length of the video was quite good as well lasting just enough time to keep me patiently waiting yet not long enough that it would bore the viewer. It was an interesting idea to make it interactive, like a boxing game in a way.

-Improve-
That did not sound like Mr. T at all. The audio was so muffled the entire time it felt as if it would blow up my headphones, I could barely make out any words the entire time except for Ash's voice. The humour was pretty much cancelled out because of how poor the audio was and besides, it was just Mr. T blatantly yelling at all these Pokemon. The graphics were awful the whole way through and the plot needed a lot more creativity. The ending dialogue explaining about the governments role in this made absolutely no sense.

-Overall-
I can't believe this is a game and not just an interactive movie. An interesting concept and a true classic with Mr. T Vs. Pokemon but in general everything was so sloppy it wasn't even really worth it.

-Ty

Yankeeville #2 - China... Yankeeville #2 - China...

Rated 2.5 / 5 stars June 25, 2013

-Good-
The voice acting was well done, I'm sure it was taken from somewhere but the audio still fit in nicely. The sound effects for both the shot gun and the axe were well done. The quality of animation was very well done especially on the character designs. Quite funny for such an old random killing flash. I thought it was pretty funny with "Billy Bob" at the end coming in and wondering if he could just buy some donuts. A decent follow up movie to the previous Yankeeville movie you left us with, even thought that was #4....

-Improve-
There needs to be way more than just 2 quick options in order to make this a worthwhile flash. This was not even close to being as good as the last one about the Vietnam veteran. The humour was kind of bland since if you click axe it doesn't even have Billy Bob come in at the end looking for donuts. This could use a lot more ideas than just plain all out shotgun massacre and slice someone with an axe to the head. More effort and more creativity would have made this a better follow up to the previous Yankeeville.

-Overall-
Quite a funny flash actually, the only problems are that only having two options and relying on most of the humour to come from random violence kind of turn people away and make the flash seem boring.

Oh canada Oh canada

Rated 1.5 / 5 stars June 25, 2013

-Good-
Yes, people still can write reviews for this, that would be why the feature is still there. Anyway, as a Canadian I found this to be kind of enjoyable with some small amounts of humour I found amusing and the plot wasn't to bad either.

-Improve-
There was no sound at all which kind of bugged me since the grammar in the text boxes was just horrible. The quality of animation was mostly terrible especially with all the stick people and pure white backgrounds. The length could have been a bit longer, but I realised it needed a lot more ideas to fill in more time. While the plot is amusing it gets very boring with this bland silent action, the flash is also extremely predictable after about 20 seconds in. They say their going to blow up American cows and Disney land, so what happens next? Just that. A lot more creativity could have went into this and even just some badass music as Canada is bombing cows would have been a funny feature to add in. Anyway, a lot more effort could have went into this to make it more interesting.

-Overall-
Honestly I found this quite amusing and I find I'm giving it to low a rating, but everything needed loads and improvement as it was quite bland, not something I'd be wanting to watch again.